Syngonium podophyllum is a very popular household plant. It is often called Arrowhead Plant because the appearance of its leaves is sagittate or three cut and mostly variegated. It belongs to the Araceae family and is widely used in gardening. It is one of the best indoor plants. This beautiful plant can be grown in living rooms, bedrooms, corridors, offices, and many more places. It’s very easy to maintain a Syyngonium Plant and has a low maintenance cost. If you’re looking for a plant that can enhance your environment with fresh air and works as an indoor decor because of its attractive coarse textured foliage with ornamental leaves and patterns.
Plant Care -
1. Syngonium can be watered twice a week as they need moderate light watering.
2. Traditionally a mixture of coarse and leaf mold was used for potting of Syngonium. But these days ciao-peat with vermicompost is widely used for the potting mixture.
3. Syngonium can be easily maintained in shady indoor areas but to maintain the color of the foliage of the plant it is advised to provide it with the required amount of sunlight.
4. For healthy foliage nourish the plant with the required amount of cow dung manure or vermicompost every month.
5. Syngonium can be grown in regular soil as they aren’t very fussy about the soil.
Family - Asparagaceae
Household plants are used for raising the beauty of your abode. But Do you know that raising the beauty of your place snake plant provides health benefits too? It acts as an indoor air filter, even at night, and removes toxic pollutants. Snake Plant acts as a barrier against airborne diseases. There are various types of snake plants available like the Bird’s nest snake plant, Cylinder snake plant, Laurentii Sansevieria. Snake plant is also known as Mother-in Law’s Tongue. They are the easiest plants to take care of and need very low maintenance.
Plant Care -
1. Wait for the soil to dry between waterings. Especially during winter water your snake plant monthly or whenever the soil is dry. Underwatering can be harmful but in the case of a snake plant, over-watering can affect snake plants negatively.
2. Use loose and well-drained potting mix for your snake plant. Sandier soil is preferred in the case of a snake plant.
Sunlight should be indirect but steady with the direct contact of the sun for your snake plant. Snake plants are very adaptive and can survive in full sun conditions as well as dimly lit situations.
3. Do not fertilize your snake plant in winter. Feed your plant with a mild cactus fertilizer while the growing season or you can use a balanced liquid slow-release (10-10-10 fertilizer) diluted to half-strength
4. Maintaining a snake plant is a very easy task as it doesn’t need any special attention and are very adaptive.